Chicagoland winters can be brutal, and with colder weather fast approaching, now is the time to start thinking about scheduling your fall HVAC system maintenance ensure your home’s heating and cooling systems is in tiptop shape for the winter. A poorly maintained system will cost more to operate, break down more often, use more natural resources, and put your comfort at risk. A skilled technician from our reputable HVAC contractor will ensure work of the highest quality. And considering the large number of tasks required to properly and thoroughly tune up the system, expertise is a valuable commodity when it comes to your family’s comfort and safety.
The technician’s preventive maintenance checklist will include these key tasks to increase the efficiency of your furnace:
- Lubricate moving components to prevent friction.
- Tighten belts and electrical and gas connections.
- Inspect the terminals, wires and gas lines for damage and corrosion.
- Measure the airflow for the system’s efficiency and your comfort.
- Clean the condensate pan and flush the drain to prevent clogs.
- Inspect the chimney flue or vent stack for obstructions and damage to help prevent dangerous carbon monoxide leaks.
- Test the electric control for proper cycling.
- Calibrate the thermostat for accuracy if needed.
- Inspect and repair leaky or damaged duct work.
- Measure the voltage on electrical components.
To schedule your fall HVAC system maintenance with one of our expert technicians, please contact Weather Control at 847-815-9744